Alice Through The Looking Glass

Alice through the looking glass, an amazing fairy tale book written by Lewis Carroll, is about a little 7.5-year-old girl named Alice, that is very curious, and goes through a looking glass where everything is opposite, as she exits the looking glass house, she gets to the looking glass garden, which is more like a chess board, (different than his other book, in which the characters are a deck of cards) and at every square she passes, she meets a new fable character(also portrayed as chess pieces). In this book, as she adventures through the looking glass world, she learns many things, keeping her temper, engaging with people’s ideas instead of throwing them off, and most of all, being mature.

The first thing Alice learns is how to keep her temper. For Alice, keeping temper is something difficult, because, in the book, when the queen is dragging her over the chess squares, Alice gets mad because she is going too fast. Also when the ticket-checker tells her to show her pass, she gets mad and yells at him for not having told her she needed tickets to ride the carriage.

The reason she learned to engage with peoples ideas, was because earlier whenever someone had an idea, she’d think its crazy and not accept it, or just ignore them. But when she realized that she was in a place where everybody was crazy, she started to understand them better and accept their ideas. In one instance, when Humpty Dumpty was on the top of the wall. She thought he was crazy because it’s dangerous, especially if you’re an egg. But soon she realized how the story rolls and that Humpty is actually supposed to be up there. she understood him.

Finally, Alice learned to be mature. she had realized that being the queen of the chess board is not that easy, and not fun and games. but before that, in the beginning, she realized that if she wanted to be queen, she had to work hard for it, and most importantly, she had to be mature.

Alice learned many things throughout the book, and I for sure learned some too. I think this book is really good in many ways, but if I had written it, I would probably cut the end off and make her come back to her house and live normally instead of waking up and realizing it was all a dream. And would also make the mad hatter not only appear in two pages. but overall, I would recommend this book to people who like fairy tales, because this book contains many fable characters, and has amazing personifications of things I couldn’t imagine, Lewis Carroll is amazingly creative!